Let's Get Rowdy
Get the real scoop about Rod's life, his mission, and the way he's been secretly saving humanity for the past 30 years. With incredible art and a story you can't put down, this graphic novel is sure to be a collector's item for generations. Don't miss out - From Grind House Comics!
The "Greatest Villain" in the history of Pro-wrestling is bringing the sizzle that simmered in Piper's Pit to podcast entertainment... challenging all foes and friends and where ever it ends. Every time you think you have all the answers, he changes the questions.
The Official Biography
- Born Roderick George Toombs in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.
- Parents of Scottish descent.
- Roddy has been a professional wrestler since the age of 15.
- Roddy was the youngest wrestler in the history of professional wrestling.
- Roddy won the Golden Gloves boxing championship.
- At 14 years of age, Roddy was the fifth-ranked bagpipe player in the world.
- Roddy was the 167 pound amateur Champion, Manatopa.
- Roddy was awarded a Black Belt from the world-renowned Judo Gene Label.
- Roddy has held more than 38 professional wrestling titles.
- Roddy has fought over 7,000 professional matches.
- Roddy starred in the 1988 John Carpenter movie They Live, where he famously came to kick ass and chew bubblegum (more on this below).
Having joined the WWE in 1984, Roddy hosted his own interview segment Piper's Pit. Piper's Pit made Roddy one of the WWEs most talked-about performers. In 1985, he first crossed paths with Hulk Hogan.. and the rest is history. They became the two biggest box office superstars in the history of the WWE. It was WrestleMania 1, with the main event of Piper and Paul Orndorff teamed against Hogan and Mr. T that put the WWE on the map. Now, in 2005, Piper is still headlining. This time it was Wrestlemania 21 on April 3, 2005 in Hollywood, when he presented his infamous Piper's Pit with Stone Cold Steve Austin.
Roddy Piper has starred in many movies including John Carpenter's much-acclaimed, They Live, which was a number one box office hit. In 2003, the fight scene in They Live was awarded one of the top ten fight scenes in cinema history and also made the Guinness Book of World Records for longest movie fight scene ever. The scene is featured on the DVD Ultimate Fights in the Movies.
In 2003, Roddy released his best selling autobiography published by Penguin-Putnam, In the Pit with Piper. The best way to learn more about Roddy Piper is to see and talk to the man himself. Keep an eye out in your area for his One-Man Show tours. He has had a career like none other, with accomplishments the likes of which most of us can only dream about. In 2012 Roddy was awarded one of top twenty greatest moments in the history of Madison Square Garden, where his legendary wrestling boots are on display.
In 2012, Rowdy Piper was again awarded the distinguished title of the "greatest heel in the history of professional wrestling." At the Universal Amphitheater in Hollywood, Roddy Piper was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. Roddy's longtime nemesis, 16-time world champion, Ric Flair, when doing the introduction, said, "Roddy Piper is the most talented man in the history of professional wrestling. Bar none!"